Last Updated: July 6, 2020
Information We Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information about you that you provide to us when you use our Services such as your name, age, and email address. We may collect Personal Information directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
When you create an account with us, a verification email will be sent to the e-mail address you used for registration to prove that you are the owner of the email address. You can also create an account with us by logging in through certain third-party accounts, such as Google or Facebook. By logging in through a third-party account, you grant us permission to access certain information from that third-party account as explained on the permissions page when you log in.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can take the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for a specified period of time.
We use session cookies on our Site to provide you with a better user experience. That allows you to have a logged user services on our site.
Third Party Tracking
Use of Your Information
We use your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
- Deliver the services and products that you have requested;
- Processing orders and payments;
- Communicate with you about your use of our Services, including to send you Service/product updates;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Analyze how users interact with our Services;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious or illegal activities;
Disclosure of Your Information
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or disclose any Personal Information about you to any third party except to provide you with products or services you have requested.
Things we do not share:
- We do not share your email or real name.
Things we may share with your friends and teachers within the platform so you guys can have a better community experience:
- We my share your display name
- Profile Picture
- Summary of your app usage within a time frame such as number of expression added last week.
- You can share selected list of words with other members of the platform. When you create content within the app we strongly advise you to not write any personal or sensitive data.
User’s Rights to Personal Information
You have the following rights to your Personal Information:
- You can access, review, and change any of your personal profile information at any time from the Account Info section of the My Account page.
- Right to be informed of how we are using your Personal Information;
- Right of having any of your inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information rectified;
- Right to erasure at any time for any reason (or for no reason);
- Right to restrict a certain type of processing of your Personal Information;
Your Use of other Members’ Information
- you have obtained permission from the other member;
- you have obtained our permission; or
- such disclosure is required by law; and in each case only to the extent permitted and/or as necessary.
To safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, we utilize data encryption (Secure Socket Layers). We make every effort to protect that data against loss and unauthorized access. Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. In the event that Personal Information is compromised as breach of security, we will promptly notify you in compliance with applicable law.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a strong password that cannot be easily guessed, and keeping your login name and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.